The Health Unit's 2017 community flu shot schedule is now available.
Flu shots are FREE to anyone living in Ontario who is 6 months of age and older.
You DO NOT NEED an Ontario health card to get a flu shot through the Health Unit.
- MARATHON HIGHSCHOOL Wednesday, November 8 from 5-7pm
- MANITOUWADGE COMMUNITY CENTRE Tuesday, November 7 from 5-8pm
- MICHAEL KING HALL Tuesday, November 14 from 5-7pm
- SCHREIBER RECREATION CENTRE Wednesday, November 15 from 5-7pm
SUPERIOR NORTH EMS
Paramedics will give flu shots to anyone 6 months of age or older; NO Ontario health card is needed.
WHERE: Headquarters at 105 Junot Ave. South in the front lobby
- Wed., Oct 25 from 8:00am to 11:00 am AND 12:00 to 5:00pm
- Mon., Oct 30 from 3:00pm to 7:00pm
- Wed., Nov1 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Influenza, or more commonly known as "the flu", is a serious, acute respiratory illness that can lead to pneumonia. It is caused by a virus.
Immunization helps strengthen your body's natural immune response against the flu. The flu shot stimulates your immune system to build antibodies against the virus, making it stronger and ready to fight off the flu.
ThunderBayFlu.ca has a lot of information on the flu. Use the tabs on the top and on the left to navigate through the site for news and information about the flu.
You can also visit the provincial website (click the image below) to learn more about the flu.